Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My first blog

I always wondered how in the world do all the people who post blogs come up with all these things to write. I always thought that blogging requires one to be a born writer. And here am I with one big writers block..attempting to blog. I now have a new found respect for all the bloggers around the world for their blogging abilities. I have realised that blogging is less to do with being a writer and more of expressing your thoughts. And expressing is not altogether an easy thing to do, especially when you may or may not have any audience to give a feedback..I mean an instant feedback.

I am normally a very reserved person, not given to expressing freely. And that is perhaps why the idea of blogs seemed very alien to me. Blogging seemed akin to writing a diary. I am referring to the times when blog was not even a figment of somebody's imagination. People used to put down their thoughts in...well a diary (isn't that why it was called a diary). For that matter some dinosaurs might still be doing it...but what the heck...every man for himself.

Coming back to point, mention a diary and I always recall an incident from my school days. I had just picked up on the diary concept (dinosaurian of course) and ensured that I poured my heart out to it which of course did its job of recording everything I felt in all its juicy or I should say gory details. Now a funny thing about a diary is that however best that you try to keep the contents private, it makes itself conspicuous to others. It exudes an aura of forgetfulness when the owner is around and screams "Pick me up" when the wrong persons(from the owners perspective of course!!) are around. Now how could an exception be made in my case. So destiny followed its path and I forgot my diary at a place that was accessed by my family. My mother happened on to it and like all good mothers the world over who have the best interests of their child at heart..she read it. The rest is as they say history.

From then on I developed a paranoia that included not expressing feelings anywhere or to anybody..at least not very easily. But as days went by the juicy (or gory) experiences seem to have passed me by and that helped lessened the paranoia to some extent. Now writing this first blog, I am slowly realising that writing a blog is becoming easier as the sentences come forth. I don't have to torture myself to write something. The good thing about writing a blog is you can do it for the heck of writing a blog as long as it holds some meaning for you. That is the fuel that keeps you going or I should say blogging.

I must say that I have enjoyed my first blog very much. I have now promised myself that I will keep writing blogs frequently. I don't know what I will write about next time but write I surely will, even if it is a sentence or two.

So bye for now.

2 comments:

~ The Adventurist ~ said...

I can identify with what you've stated completely. I realize I am a private individual and the anonymity blogging offered was unmatched. The key is to write for yourself. You've put it well actually...you can keep writing as long as it holds some meaning for you.

Thereafter..the sky is the limit. :)

kaustubh jambotkar said...

Excellent use of words, and yes the diary thing, still hold a diary from good old days.

So samurai, sharpen your blade (should i say mind!) and go on.

Have a nice day , everyday of your life